Nursery Apprenticeship Rainbow Day Nursery
As a nursery Apprentice you will provide a high standard of care to all children accessing the nursery, supporting the existing staff with daily routines and promoting the values of the company. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates in the area of Lymm who would like to develop a career in the childcare sector.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
01 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provide a high standard of care to all children regardless of cultural or religious backgrounds, any form of disability or stage of development
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of a safe and stimulating environment for the children in your care by observing the daily Risk Assessments in designated areas and reporting any serious matters to the Nursery Director or Deputy
- Assist in providing age and stage appropriate activities for the children
- Establish positive relationships with children and their families whilst respecting the confidentiality of children, parents, carers and staff. Whilst you are able to talk politely to parents you are NOT to pass or take important messages
- Ensure that a high standard of health, safety, cleanliness and hygiene is maintained at all times, both personally and throughout the Nursery by putting Rainbow Nursery Policies into practice
- Work constructively within a team and maintain good communication at all times
- Be flexible within the Nursery setting and provide cover in different rooms if and when necessary
- Adhere to the dress code of the Nursery (See Uniform Policy)
- Observe and emulate the good practice of existing Staff, seeking advice when needed
- Observe and respect the organisational structure within the setting consisting of Management, Senior Officers and other experienced staff
- Attend college when required, complete coursework on time and inform the Nursery Director of any visits to the setting by a Tutor or Assessor
- You are not permitted to answer the telephone or the main door
- To uphold the high standard of Rainbow Nursery at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to use your initiative
- Stay calm under pressure
- Cope with noise and constant demands for your attention
- Plan and organise stimulating activities
- Develop friendly and open relationships with children and their parents
- Stamina and a lot of energy
- Patience and tolerance
- A sense of fun
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and imagination
Ideally candidates will have GCSE's grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
Functional Skills Level 1 Mathematics, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A*-C or equivalent has not already been achieved.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017