Nursery Nurse Assistant Apprenticeship Watermead Nursery
Watermead Day Nursery are looking for a hardworking Apprentice to complete their qualifications and support existing staff within the setting.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
01 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work as part of the nursery team to provide high quality care and education for the children
- To supervise and play with the children
- To oversee activities which cover all areas of children’s development
- To liaise with and support parents and carers Undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery e.g. preparing snacks and cleaning
- Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times
- To support the team in providing effective planning for the Early Years Foundation Stage Ensure all nursery policies and procedures are adhered to
- To attend in and out of working hours activities e.g. staff meetings To work in a professional, efficient and caring manner at all times
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work well in a team but who is also able to use their own initiative and work independently. The successful candidate will need to be a confident individual with a caring manner You will be required to work to training deadlines with good time management skills.
You will be an outgoing, friendly and caring individual who is capable of working as part of a team. You will be required to follow strict health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children.
A-C in Maths and English or equivalent are desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
This is a fully work based learning apprenticeship therefore no college days are required. An Interserve qualified assessor will visit the setting once a month to meet with the successful candidate to complete observations, Dictaphone discussions and question and answer sessions. The successful candidate will work towards to children and young people’s workforce level 2 qualification and functional skills when applicable.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017