Apprentice Administrator/Receptionist The Zone
To staff the reception desk within the Zone, being the first point of contact for the General public and visitors to the facility. To maintain the booking of all facilities within the Zone, taking of cash and daily cash reconciliation and provide high customer service at all times.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
28 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To serve the general public and all visitors to the Zone, ensuring the best customer care at all times.
- To be responsible for the correct use and safe keeping of equipment allocated to the Reception and kitchen area,( including all cash machines ( till), computers, music equipment and catering equipment).
- To undertake as required appropriate administrative duties related to the post including the booking of Sports pitches, Parties, Dance classes and other such activities that are provided for, from time to time by the Zone, using the sportssoft software system.
- To answer the telephone and ensure all enquiries are dealt with effectively and promptly.
- To take food and drink orders.
- To be responsible for the safety, health and welfare of all staff and others in accordance with the Safety at Work Act 1974 and related legislation and the Trust’s Safety Policy, including any Codes of Practice produced and accepted by Huddersfield Community Trust, (The Zone).
- To ensure a high standard of service to both external and internal users of The Zone
- To do a health and safety check before commencement of daily duties recording any unsafe equipment and alerting staff and line Manager.
- To prepare all documentation as required relating to bookings, cash reconciliation and be responsible for lost property left at The Zone.
- To ensure the reception area information is up to date and presented in a clean and tidy manner.
- To liaise with Party Hosts regarding their party bookings to ensure a high quality service.
- To attend training courses as directed by the Line Manager
- To undertake any other related duties that may be allocated by the Line Manager from time to time which may include the servery for example.
Requirements and prospects
- Good ICT skills
- Good communication skills
- Proven commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Be able to work within clearly defined rules and under the supervision of Sporting Pride Community Trust
No experience required as full training will be given but GCSE grade C minimum in Maths and English Language (or equivalent) are preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
In-company training given. Apprenticeship delivered one-to-one on company premises and consisting of:
- Competency qualification (NVQ) Employer rights & Responsibilities Functional Skills
- Apprenticeship framework
Business and Administration
The Textile Centre of Excellence
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Huddersfield Textile Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017