Chef Apprentice - J2649 The Bank Tavern
The Bank Tavern is a Bristol Good Food finalist that is nestled in the heart of the City Centre. It offers a unique opportunity for someone passionate about creating good food to work in a professional kitchen alongside two creative and established chefs.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
28 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Food preparation prior to service
- Preparing basic food dishes
- Contributing ideas to the menu
- Working as part of a team
- Adhering to health and safety standards and ensuring cleanliness at all times
- Assisting the Chefs as required
- Taking a professional approach and having pride in the food produced
Requirements and prospects
Any kitchen experience is welcome.
Passionate about creating good food, keen to work within a successful and professional team, proactive, confident, and lots of initiative to get the job done.
A*-D GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Bank Tavern
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery - Carried out in the workplace through observation and assessment.
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) - The underpinning knowledge, usually studied on a day release basis.
Catering and Professional Chefs
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Bristol College
City of Bristol College 0117 312 5250
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today