Hospitality Services Apprenticeship Rathfinny
Rathfinny Wine Estate nestles within the slopes of the South Downs at Alfriston near Seaford and is looking for a Hospitality Apprentice to join their growing team at the Flint Barns. You will be open and friendly with a positive attitude and interested in being part of an organisation that protects the environment.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
27 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The purpose of the role is to assist the team in all aspects of hospitality of the customer experience across the Estate. The key tasks will include:
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with food service and preparation of the restaurant for service and clearing afterwards
- You will be involved in assisting with all aspects of events at the Flint Barns and the Tasting Room including weddings; Sunday roasts; Estate Tours; breakfasts. Tasks will include waiting and serving food, serving drinks, helping with barbecues, clearing crockery and glasses, loading and unloading the dishwasher and putting away
- We serve a variety of clients including school groups; corporate business groups and wedding parties so you will need to adapt your approach accordingly
- You will also be responsible for cleaning and making up bedrooms and bathrooms
We expect the highest standards of service to match our ethos of high quality all round customer service.
Requirements and prospects
The skills that are essential for the role include manual dexterity and being able to stand for long periods.
It is desirable to have some face to face customer service experience.
The personal qualities that are essential for the role include:
- Confidence in meeting people
- Able to talk confidently to colleagues and customers
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Able to demonstrate commitment to consistent work output e.g. always meeting the standard set for your work
- Motivated by doing a good job
- Willing to be part of a team that enjoys their work
- Willing to show initiative and take responsibility
- Ability to present yourself in a tidy, clean and professional way
- You will need to wear Rathfinny branded clothes
- Able to demonstrate and understand the brand values and a will to achieve them in all aspects
The essential qualifications include English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above, or equivalent.
It is desired that applicants wishing to apply have a catering or hospitality qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
This Intermediate Apprenticeship consists of Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services, the Award in Hospitality and Catering Principles, plus functional skills in English and Maths.
SUSSEX DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017