The Samuel Ward Academy Trust have an opportunity for an Apprentice to join the Wickhambrook Primary Academy in Newmarket. This role incorporates study and completion of the NVQ level 2 in Business Administration whilst working in a specific department during the one year fixed term placement.
Apprentice Finance Administration Assistant
SAMUEL WARD ACADEMY TRUST
Closing date: 21 Apr 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, 38 weeks per year
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
27 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role of the Apprentice will be to compile and maintain finance records and provide other clerical and administrative support to the Trust’s Central Finance Team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Trust Finance Manager:
- Receive and process monies/income/invoices and issue receipts in accordance with the Trust’s financial routines and procedures. Chase outstanding debts.
- Raise purchase orders for supplies.
- Monitor orders on the computerised system for materials and other supplies. Chase late orders and advise the Trust Finance Manager of any significant delays.
- Input routine information to Finance spreadsheets and other documents.
- Collate / photocopy / record / distribute routine financial information received from Trust schools as required.
- Assist Trust Finance Manager in other financial duties and processes as required
Clerical and Administrative Support:
- Act as first point of phone contact for the Central Finance Team, take and pass on messages, deal with routine enquiries.
- Carry out filing, photocopying, distribution of correspondence and other general office duties as required.
Samuel Ward Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons at all times. The Apprentice Finance Administration Assistant, under the guidance of the Trust Finance Manager will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children with whom he/she comes into contact, in accordance with the Trust’s and the School’s Safeguarding policies.
The post holder is required to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Actively contribute to and promote the overall ethos and values of theTrust.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Maintain consistent high standards of professional conduct, tact and diplomacy at all times in dealings with pupils, parents, staff colleagues, external agencies and any other visitors to the school or wider Trust.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality and exercise discretion with regard to staff / pupil information and the Trust’s business at all times.
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust within the local community and beyond, ensuring that the ethos and values of the Trust are promoted and upheld at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Trust Finance Manager or a member of the Central Finance Team which fall within the scope of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- To be organised, accurate and flexible within your working environment.
- To have an understanding and knowledge of confidentiality.
- Keyboard/computer skills.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Ability to identify own training and development needs and cooperate with means to address these.
- Previous experience is not essential however, any previous work experience, interests or activities that involve dealing with customers/people, studying or practical skills relevant to the job description above, should be included in an application.
- To be receptive to new ideas and responsive to change.
- To have an awareness of the importance of health & safety issues.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- GCSE Grade A-C, or equivalent, in English and Mathematics is desirable but not essential.
The intention is that successful completion of the Apprenticeship will lead to a permanent post in school Business Administration at a Trust school.
Things to consider
The post will involve working with the Central Finance team in a school environment. This means there is a requirement to work with pupils, staff, parents and other visitors, maintaining a helpful and professional manner at all times. There is a requirement to observe strict confidentiality, including when using Social networking websites.
About the employer
The Samuel Ward Academy Trust is a partnership of schools located on the Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire borders. We share the same values, face similar issues and are geographically close enough to support and challenge each other. We recognise, however, the unique characteristics of each of the communities we work in and how they are reflected in distinctive school cultures. We encourage cultural diversity, celebrate the special qualities of each of our schools and recognise that communities to become sustainable must develop and grow. We are not looking for corporate solutions but a partnership that respects, sustains and supports. Our model is about creating interdependence; schools that more self-sustaining than stand-alone academies, less dependent than local authority schools and more independent than schools in corporate chains. However, we do all subscribe to a set of shared values, principles and operational processes that ensure quality education for all our young people. Our central belief is that every young life is special; open to possibility, gifted with the potential to change the world for the better but also bound by the limits of their own circumstances. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of all children, remove the barriers to aspiration and ensure that all our children succeed. We will work with schools that can subscribe to these values and who are prepared to take responsibility and share resources with others. This approach is already improving the life chances of pupils in primary, special and secondary schools. Please come and help us help more.
SAMUEL WARD ACADEMY TRUST
Additional location information
All academies have their own distinctive ‘feel’ which makes each one unique. We believe that the ‘special feel’ at Wickhambrook is because of our caring, family atmosphere where everyone is valued as an individual and where parents, carers and the wider community are invited to share in school life.
- Business Administration Intermediate BTEC Apprenticeship.
- Business Administration BTEC Diploma Level 2.
- Functional Skills English Level 1.
- Functional Skills ICT Level 1.
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1.
Business and Administration
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Suffolk College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Apr 2017