Shop Assistant Oasis Christian Centre
All aspects of retail work. Sorting donations to what is suitable for sale. Steaming and pricing of clothes. Washing, sorting and pricing of bric a brac. Sorting of books. Sorting of toys and washing were necessary. Serving in the cafe area this involves making of teas and coffees using the coffee machine.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Sep 2017
24 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will Include:
- All aspects of retail work.
- Sorting donations to what is suitable for sale.
- Steaming and pricing of clothes.
- Washing, sorting and pricing of bric a brac.
- Sorting of books.
- Sorting of toys and washing were necessary.
- Serving in the Cafe area this involves making of teas and coffees using the coffee machine.
- Making toast or toasted teacakes and serving cakes.
- Talking to customers and helping them with their purchase.
- Operating the till and balancing at the end of day with supervision.
- Keeping the shop clean and tidy especially the Cafe area and cleaning of coffee machine
- At the beginning and end of day help set up items outside the shop.
- Help with the window display.
You will not be involved in all aspects of the job immediately but will build up to this.
Training and supervision will be given at all times and will always be working alongside a shop Manager and will never be alone in the shop or have responsibility for locking or unlocking shop.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to use their own initiative
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Team work
- Good Numeracy and Literacy skills are vital
- Must be Conscientious
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
No set qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Diploma in Retail
- Functional Skills
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Technical Certificate
- Personal Thinking & Learning
INTEC BUSINESS COLLEGES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intec Business Colleges
Terri Gamble 01788514265 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017