Advanced Business Administration Apprentice Thermal Compliance Ltd
Thermal Compliance are looking for an apprentice to join their small team to undertake Business Administration activities to support their Accountancy and Business Development departments. The purpose of the role is to provide an effective and efficient administrative support whilst undertaking administration training.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
23 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be expected to provide the highest level of customer service and business support to our clients both on the phone, face-to-face as well as providing a support role to the office team.
The role is primarily administration based and may involve some repetitive tasks. You will also be working with a small team.
Our aim is to hopefully provide you with good variety and a worthwhile experience with the hope that you will enjoy your work and develop a career with us.
Main duties include:
- To undertake a range of financial management processes, including processing orders, resolving issues, budget monitoring, maintaining commitment records, reconciling accounts, handling cash and processing funding applications
- Our business model is heavily IT and cloud based so you will be highly proficient in using IT systems, email, web browsers, databases and CRM systems.
- Create, develop and maintain systems and processes to meet operational needs and to ensure the high quality of information held. Data Input (Inputting project details into a spreadsheet/database system)
- Phone duties from time to time
- Typing and updating documents
- Logging and maintaining detailed accurate records
- Managing incoming and outgoing post
- Processing invoices
- Manage Appointments, Meetings and Diary for the Director and Company
- Liaise with existing clients and companies we work with
- Complete Client Contact Sheets
- Take minutes/notes in meetings
- Monitoring progress of projects, planning applications and appeals
- Send out company brochures to potential customers
- General Business Administration and using IT systems
- There is also the potential to learn about Taxation, be involved with customer visits, client, project meetings as well as many more activities.
- Assisting the business with any other duties as required
Requirements and prospects
Skills required within this role:
- Ability to produce work quickly and accurately to a high standard of presentation
- Ability to manage and prioritise own time appropriately
- Ability to manage appointments and diary bookings
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of filing systems
- Ability to extract, collate and summarise data
- Willingness to learn
- Common sense
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Comfortable working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be a highly motivated individual declaring honesty, integrity and reliability
- Aptitude for dealing with the public
- Smart appearance & Courteous manner
- Work flexibly
For this Apprenticeship you will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including maths and English or an appropriate level 2 qualification. Mature students will be assessed on individual merit. You will be required to attend an interview at the college and we will request a school or college report.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship consists of a NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration, a Technical Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration and functional skills.
Apprenticeship will be delivered by Darlington College http://www.darlington.ac.uk/courses/business-management-professional/14-business-administration/
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Mark Thorpe 07484500691 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017