Apprentice Hairdresser Fox Hair Design
We have a fantastic opportunity to work for a salon based in Barwell as an Apprentice Hairdresser. Your duties will range from booking in clients to learning basic practical hairdressing skills whilst working towards your Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship. This post is ideal for anybody wanting to start a career in Hairdressing.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
23 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an intermediate hairdressing apprentice, you will be a valued member of the team and tasks will involve duties including:
- Reception duties - answering the phone, booking appointments and advising on services etc
- general cleaning and upkeep of the salon
- making drinks
- assisting the salon's stylists
- When you have built up some basic knowledge and skills you will also be able to carry out hairdressing services including blow dries, styling and colour application.
Requirements and prospects
- Apprentices are expected to have good time keeping skills, good communication skills and be able to work using their own initiative
- Apprentices are required to have a positive, flexible attitude and be enthusiastic.
- This role involves working with the public so we expect you to be polite and courteous at all times and promote a positive image of yourself and the company.
- GCSE Grade A-D in Maths (or equivalent)
- GCSE Grade A-D in English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
After 8 successful years in Barwell we thought the time was right to take Hinckley by storm and expand.
The Hinckley team is headed by Lisa and we are committed to bringing the same exceptional outstanding experience that guests enjoy in our Barwell salon to Hinckley.
The Apprenticeship will consist of the following:
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing (Competence & Knowledge)
- Functional Skill in Maths Level 1
- Functional Skill in English Level 1
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
There will be a requirement to attend the College for day release on either a Tuesday or Wednesday for work towards your qualification and any Functional Skills (where appropriate). Assessments will be carried out during agreed times in the workplace.
You will work to complete eight mandatory units including:
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety;
- Giving clients a positive impression of yourself and the organisation;
- Advise and consult with clients;
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp;
- Change hair colour;
- Style and finish hair;
- Set and dress hair;
- Cut hair using basic techniques;
You will also be required to choose one further optional unit to achieve the qualification including:
- Promote additional products or services to clients;
- Perm and neutralise hair;
On the job training will be provided by the employer in addition to the Apprenticeship framework.
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & Hinckley College
Vicki Haslam 02476 243072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017