Front of House Apprenticeship - Popular Gastro Pub - Fulking S & D (FULKING) LIMITED
Apprentice in Hospitality wanted for Gastro pub in Fulking. Entering at a basic level in hospitality, you will be shown the basics in table management; learning order of service, up selling and how to turn your tables. On the bar you will learn basic cellar and beer management, organise your priorities on a busy shift and beer handling.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
23 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Front of Houes Apprentice Level 2 wanted for popular Gastro Pub in Fulking. If you have no previous experience you will start with running food on weekends but will learn to work the floor during the quieter mid week shifts. You will slowly move from running food onto the floor and eventually running your own section. If you already have experience on the bar or on a floor then you will have on the job training with the intention of letting you run your own section.
The employer would like the Apprentice to work on the bar you will be trained at a basic level to carry out cellar tasks, gas and basic beer maintenance. You will also be trained on the varieties of spirits, wine and beer that we offer. You must be aged 18 or over. Duties include:
- Table management/service
- Taking orders
- Cellar and beer management
- Serving drinks
- Dealing with payments
Requirements and prospects
Experience working on a restaurant floor or bar is favourable but not essential.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for food and drink and is interested in pursuing a career in the hospitality industry.
Grade E or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprentices attend college once a week and all components of the Apprenticeship Framework are covered within day release. Visits are also made to the workplace for observation and assessment. The Apprenticeship is made up of the following components:
- Diploma (Level 2, 3 or 4) - this is the practical and technical based component where the apprentice demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge to meet the required national standard. Exams are taken for each module of the Certificate
- Functional Skills, if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English and Maths. The Apprentice builds up a portfolio of both to show they are able to effectively communicate and use numbers in the workplace. Each Functional Skill is assessed by an online test and a portfolio of evidence. The level of Functional Skill will depend on the level of the apprenticeship.
- ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities). This component is used to make Apprentices aware of their employment rights and responsibilities. The apprentice completes this component in question and answer format in a workbook
- PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) comprises six groups of skills that together with the Functional Skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These are; managing one's self, managing relationships with others, managing one's own learning performance and work. These are embedded within the other components of the apprenticeship framework
CITY COLLEGE BRIGHTON AND HOVE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Brighton & Hove
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2017