IT Apprentice Technician One Tek Business Solutions Ltd
This exciting apprenticeship role would suit someone looking to start or continue building a career in IT. To be considered for this position, you'll need to demonstrate a basic understanding of IT software/hardware, a keen interest in IT and have an aptitude for and willingness to learn new skills.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Sep 2017
21 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some of the duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- You will be required to answer the phone to our customers and log their support request supporting all company desktops, Laptops, thin clients and printers.
- You may also be attending site visits to assist in the resolution of a customer’s issue.
- Investigating and if possible resolving the issue the customer has. Managing and maintaining all internal AV equipment, including the setting up of all meeting room equipment for client and internal meetings.
- Where you are not able to resolve the ticket you will escalate tickets to 2nd Line Support
- IT Administration (Backup management, reports, document updates, routine systems checks)
- You will be trained on many of the day to day requests that come in and there is an expectation that you will be constantly improving your knowledge so you can take on more tasks.
- May be asked to get involved in ongoing projects to provide you with exposure to the design and build of our customers networks.
Requirements and prospects
It is essential that you have:
- Basic level of IT hardware maintenance and repair skills
- A genuine passion for IT
- A desire to pursue a career in IT
It is desirable that you have:
- A basic understanding of network environments
- Experience in a work environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Assertiveness and confidence
- Enthusiastic and quick learner
- Broad minded and open to being exposed to new technologies
- A keen interest in IT and how systems work
- Presentable and professional at all times
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
One Tek Business Solutions Ltd
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive nine weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Faye Brown 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017