Childcare Apprentice Blenheim Primary School
Blenhiem Primary School are currently recruiting for another Childcare apprentice to work within their busy nursery.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
20 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Working under the guidance of the manager and colleagues, in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of the team.
- Contribute own thoughts and ideas to long, medium and daily planning.
- Preparing the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement and resources. Valuing and displaying children’s work.
- Helping to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Observing children’s activities and contributing to their written records.
- Maintaining respectful and genuine interaction with children.
- Being supportive and welcoming to parents / carers.
- To follow the EYFS when caring for our children.
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential.
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children.
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations.
- To understand and observe the rules of confidentiality.
- Following the health & safety procedures to maintain a health & safe environment.
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in the care, learning and development in young children.
- Some understanding of the importance of Health and Safety.
- Display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children.
- Numerate and ability to complete Functional Skills Mathematics.
- Literate and able to complete Functional Skills English.
- IT literate and able to complete Functional Skills ICT.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Team working.
- Work flexibly as part of a team.
- Work on own initiative as necessary.
- Calm under pressure.
- Punctuality & Reliability.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Excellent two way communicator.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal skills.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths (or equivalent).
- Ideally a Level 2 Childcare qualification but not essential.
About the employer
Blenheim Primary School
- Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young People's Workforce.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required).
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Seevic College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017