Commis Chef Apprentice Solvejg Jensen & Wayne Gardiner
Passionate about food? Do you want a career as a Chef? The Wheel Inn in Oadby (Leicester) have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be trained as a Chef.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
17 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the head chef.
You will be trained to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen. You will be trained in cooking, stock management, and other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment, this will be recorded in line with national standards through your apprenticeship with Leicester College.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the existing chefs in their current roles.
- Assisting in the provision of home-cooked meals as ordered by our customers.
- Understanding stock control & stock rotation.
- Complying with & understanding Health & Safety requirements.
- Kitchen hygiene & maintenance.
- Communicating with & supporting colleagues in their roles within the business.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual. In the longer term, and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the apprentice to progress through within the sector.
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Confident and eager to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Pleasant and welcoming
- Reliable, responsible and honest
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- No formal qualifications required, however GSCE Grade A- C in English and Maths (or equivalent) are desirable.
- You will take a Maths and English Assessment prior to selection.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications:
- QCF Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(NVQ)
- Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(VRQ)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 0116 2295526 Apprenticeships3@leicestercollege.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2017