IT Customer Support Engineer Egress Software Technologies Ltd
The Egress Apprentice Program is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to take their first steps on a software-based IT Security career path.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Sep 2017
15 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Egress is proud of our uniquely agile, effervescent, and people focused environment. Our core values of Culture, Excellence, Ambition and Integrity run through everyone who works for us, and everything we do. We are a sociable company, working hard and playing hard in equal measure. The atmosphere in our offices is friendly and supportive, with a competitive edge! We enjoy regular nights out and there are plenty of social activities including company funded team lunches and monthly activities. Employees also enjoy free breakfasts and fruit, and top end coffee.
In this role your duties and responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for supporting a fast growing customer base covering the public, financial and professional services sectors.
- Providing first and second line telephone support to business end users
- Performing research tasks and projects
- Promoting Egress products, services and training through educating and empowering our customer base
- Assisting with software training and consultancy both internally and as required on customer site
- Providing technical advice to the sales and marketing teams
- Answering questions related to Egress products and services and escalating when necessary
- Proactively looking for solutions to problems and proposing improvements if something could work better
Requirements and prospects
- You have a mathematical or scientific mind and have an ability to explain complex issues in simple terms
Any exposure to the following technologies would be desirable:
- Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac and Mobile Operating systems
- You have a passion for customer support
- You will possess outstanding interpersonal skills which help you to make decisions and solve
problems both as a team but also independently.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive 7-12 weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will potentially lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- New IT Apprenticeship Standards
- CompTIA A+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017