Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of a team at this prestigious salon based in Peterborough. P.Kai Hair is looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
5 days a week inc Saturdays- hours TBC
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jul 2017
16 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A prestigious salon in Peterborough, P.Kai Hair Salon is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in Hairdressing, to join their friendly and experienced team. This will be a full time position working 40 hours per week, based on a 2 week rota, hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working at least one late evening, every other Sunday and Saturdays are essential.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying the salon
- Greeting clients
- Making refreshments
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoo, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained, the tasks will gradually increase to applying colour, blow drying and styling
As part of your working week you will receive training from the salon, whilst attending their academy training on a Monday and this is where you will be visited by an assessor for Heart of England training to work towards your NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident, with good communication skills
- Good at working in a team is an advantage but not essential
- Able to speak fluent English
- Maths would be advantageous but not essential as this can be taught, however you will need to have a basic understanding of Maths
- Smart and well presented
- Good attitude to work and time keeping
- Customer focused
- Willingness to learn
- Fluent in English
- Able to read and write English
- Maths qualification would be advantageous but not essential
To progress onto NVQ Hairdressing level 3 and be part of a good training program plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning. Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing Apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon. There will be some long periods of standing. Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays, every other Sunday and at least one late evening a week before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
P.Kai is the biggest most reputable salon in Peterborough. It prides itself on dedication to delivering outstanding customer service and being creative in hair styling techniques.
Serpentine Green Shopping Centre
- NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing, this will include health and safety, effectiveness at work, providing consultations, shampooing, styling and finishing hair, set and dress hair, colour and cut hair along with a number of optional units which will be discussed on your first visit with the assessor.
- Functional skills Maths and English if applicable.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Hannah Hayes 07825805892 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017