Apprentice Community Carer Victoria Community Care Limited
We are looking for an apprentice to join our fantastic team to provide personal, domestic, rehabilitative and therapeutic support to older and vulnerable adults within there own homes.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
15 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Building a rapport and therapeutic relationship with the service user.
- Raising service user self-esteem and confidence by being positive and motivated.
- Promoting service user independence by allowing him or her to complete daily living tasks as they are able.
- Together with other health care professionals work within a rehabilitative care programme.
- Assisting, prompting and supporting service users when bathing, washing, shaving, and oral hygiene.
- Assisting and prompting with dressing and undressing skills.
- Assisting a service user to regain continence requirements.
- Assisting with the safe transfer and moving of service users.
- Assisting with cooking and meal preparation and dietary requirements.
- Enabling service users to access community based activities.
- Maintaining social and cognitive skills such as shopping, and financial transactions,
- Domestic and housekeeping tasks
- Laundering of clothes and bed linen
- Assisting a service user to receive their prescribed medication according to their individual care plan.
- To provide sit-in service to give respite for informal carers.
- To ensure the service is delivered with respect and commitment to equal opportunities both for the people using the service and for other staff.
- To complete all records, forms, documentation pertaining to the service user and the agency on a daily basis.
- To implement the identified goals held within the care plan and report any variances.
- Together with senior staff, evaluate the care plan and renew individual goals as agreed with the service user
- Monitor the service user’s well being and report any changes to your line manager or ‘on call’ supervisor, and record these changes in the daily record sheets kept within the service user’s home file.
- Participate in service user reviews and liaise with line managers, care managers, district nurses or family members as required.
- Ensure the electronic monitoring system is used correctly and all arrival/departure times to and from the service user’s home is recorded within the electronic monitoring system.
- Call the appropriate emergency service in the event of an emergency and inform your line manager or ‘on call’ supervisor of the situation. Remain with the service user until advised otherwise.
- Attend supervision, appraisals, training sessions and staff meetings as agreed as part of your own personal development plan.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to compile basic notes for records.
- Able to support people who require personal, domestic and culinary assistance within their home environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to use own initiative and make on the spot decisions.
- Able to make observations and evaluate.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- A good listener.
- Promote a professional image
- Prepared to work weekends, evenings and bank holidays on a rota basis.
- Prepared to travel to a variety of venues.
- Prepared to work flexibly.
- To undertake planned, agreed manual lifting techniques as necessary.
- Not to smoke on duty.
- Maths G.C.S.E or equivalent Grades A - C
- English G.C.S.E or equivalent Grades A - C
Things to consider
About the employer
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Functional Skills
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside College
Traci Van Marle 01512572828 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017