Horticulture Apprentice Proctor's Nursery
Working in a very busy production nursery producing plant stock to RHS Gold Medal standard for shows and retail. Day to day duties include: Growing plants from seeds, plant plugs and nurturing plants. You will also be required to work in field production which will involve growing and digging up tree stock for sale.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Aug 2017
14 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working in an outdoor and indoor Horticulture Environment in all weathers, be able to meet the demands of the role as there will be a lot of lifting of heavy trees and plant boxes.
Preparing growing medium to be able to sow plant seeds and plant ' Plant plugs'. Looking after all aspects of plants in their various stages of development with great care.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be willing to work in all weather.
- Have a sense of commitment and have a keen interest in plants.
- Willingness to work hard and want to learn about plants and modern Horticulture.
- GCSE English and Maths A-G or equivalent.
- Please state your results or your application will be declined.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 in Horticulture.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths if needed.
- ERR(Employee rights & responsibilities).
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DART Ltd (Dales Agricultural Rural Training)
Sue kelly 01332 794910 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today