Through our programme, you will work as an apprentice Teaching Assistant in a school. You will support teachers and students in the classroom in lessons and become an integral part of the school support workforce.
Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
GRANVILLE SPORTS COLLEGE
Closing date: 27 Feb 2017
Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
13 Mar 2017
14 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working as an apprentice Teaching Assistant you’ll provide support to teachers in preparing for lessons and helping create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all pupils. During lessons, you’ll work together with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour.
Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems. You will support all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and ICT within the classroom. You’ll also accompany teaching staff and pupils on trips and other out-of-school activities.
You’ll also act as a role model for pupils and be a positive influence on their behaviour and performance at school. So it’s important that you demonstrate maturity and excellence in all you do.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll of achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time Teaching Assistant position. A newly qualified Teaching Assistant can earn between £14,000 and £21,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Prepare the classroom for lessons, and clear away afterwards.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting any difficulties.
- Support pupils to understand lesson instructions.
- Support pupils in respect of school curriculum, e.g. Literacy, Numeracy, and Early Years, as directed by the teacher.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and other out-of-school activities.
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold 5 GCSEs grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- A Level qualifications (or equivalent) will also be desirable
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Full-time employment within the organisation.
Things to consider
Prior to interview you are required to complete online initial assessments in Maths, English & ICT. These are called BKSB. If you’re shortlisted please print out the results and take them with you to the interview. You’ll receive an email from NST Head Office with instructions. Wiliness to undergo an enhanced DBS check performed by the Employer/school. Ability to travel to work.
About the employer
At Granville, you will find a caring, safe and harmonious school. Our ethos is best summed up by our motto ‘The small school with a big heart’ and we pride ourselves on being a small, inclusive 11-16 school where how our pupils learn matters just as much as what they learn. We want our pupils to enjoy learning and feel challenged to do their best in a friendly, yet purposeful environment. We believe the key to good learning is high quality teaching delivered in a friendly, calm yet work-like atmosphere where good relationships and mutual respect are underpinned by traditional British values such as politeness, equality and tolerance.
- Level 2 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills (if required)
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
NATIONAL SCHOOLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Schools Training Ltd
Kate Wardle email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2017