Nursery Nurse Apprentice Brookside Academy
Brookside Academy currently have a vacancy for a Nursery Nurse apprentice. They are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and reliable person to contribute to the caring environment they provide for children within their care.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
13 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Brookside Nursery is a dynamic nursery offering nursery provision in Street and to the surrounding areas. It provides high quality child care for children between the ages of 0 and 5 years. We currently have a vacancy within our nursery for an apprentice to join our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the nursery with children aged 0 to 5 years supporting our practitioners in delivering high quality care and education. As a member of our team you will support the day to day activities for the children, support their learning and monitor their development. The successful applicant will work as a key worker under the direction of the supervisor. Other duties will include:
- Aid setting and clearing up the nursery
- Provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment for the children and their families.
- Engaging with the children
- Build relationships and liaise closely with parents and other professionals involved within the nursery.
- Implement and deliver the curriculum.
- Contribute to planning.
- Ensure that the children’s needs are met by offering structure, care and stability.
- Work in partnership with other team members.
- Respecting the confidentiality and privacy of information.
Requirements and prospects
- A willingness to learn and work alongside practitioners within the setting
- An interest in children and how they develop and play
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- The ability to work using own initiative
Good secondary education.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and IT (if necessary)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017