Childcare Apprentice BARNEY BEARS NURSERY'S LTD
Under the direction of the management team, to undertake the care and supervision of children attending the nursery.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
13 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To be responsible for safe and appropriate use of equipment associated with activities undertaken.
- Assist in ensuring the maintenance of furniture, furnishings equipment.
- To be responsible for coordinating a child and their carer’s individual needs, including bottles, weaning stages and potty training.
- Support staff with monitoring the children’s development records, profiles, observations, settling dairy and they allocated their own thing (spare clothes bag, peg, placemat etc).
- Keep accurate and factual records for children.
- Have the ability to write coherent, concise reports with support and guidance.
- Use an imaginative approach to provide an environment to stimulate growth in physical, intellectual, linguistic, emotional and social development.
- Create a stimulating, caring, supporting environment both individually and in-group situations.
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice as an integral part of your working environment.
- Be able to challenge discriminatory verbal remarks and behaviour.
- Encourage carer’s participation within the nursery and offer support and advice.
- Provide appropriate activities for children at a level and by a method appropriate to their age and requirements.
- Be familiar with the procedure of fire drills and to be responsible for the safety of the children.
- Carry out planning activities to contribute to the overall curriculum of the Nursery with guidance.
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining a learning environment in which children’s all round development fostered and in which they are able to make progress.
- Create appropriate professional relationships with carers and other professionals.
- Seek to establish and maintain relationships within the local community.
- Participate in training when considered appropriate by managers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- Work sensitively within the staff team, respecting differing views and individual working practice.
- Work as part of a team in what is, at times, a stressful setting.
- Participate in individual personal supervision.
- Ensuring your routines are followed and that you are able to be flexible when needed.
- To ensure effective communication between you and your team.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- To uphold your role within the nursery and the duties which you must follow as part of this role.
- To follow your staff responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working.
- Team player.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Desire to work within a childcare industry.
- Clean and smart looking.
- Level 2 GCSE in Maths, English, ICT (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- NQV Childcare Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Maths, English, ICT
- On the job training
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Apprenticeship Services Academy (ASA) Ltd
Jill Adams 02085487413 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017