Apprentice Web Developer Goult Creative
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
10 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Our client is looking to recruit an Apprentice Web Developer to join their young and vibrant team.
The role of the apprentice will be to assist with the design and build of websites as per client specification.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include the following:
- Designing, creating and maintaining customer web sites as per client specifications
- Back end coding using Laravel & PHP framework
- Using PhotoShop & Illustrator to design sites
- Maintaining code/Bug fixes
- Client support, e.g. running fault diagnostics on a piece of code if a particular function isn’t working
- Code commenting, i.e. writing instructions to explain what the code actually does
- Content management integration
- Opportunity to get involved with marketing and communications task, for example, offering assistance with the company blog, Social Media Management and e-mail marketing campaigns.
Full training and support will be provided by both the Training Provider and the Business.
Although our client doesn’t expect the candidate to have a great amount of experience, some knowledge of programming languages will be desirable.
Requirements and prospects
- Some prior knowledge/experience with programming languages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent ability to grasp new skills/techniques
- Methodical and logical
- Problem solver
- Trustworthy and reliable
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Derby for up to 8 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. The qualifications consist of:
· Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
· L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
· L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
· Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
· BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
· BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
· BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
· MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
· BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017