Kitchen Services Apprenticeship FRESHPREPARE LTD
Working in the hospitality industry is a rewarding but demanding career move. Throughout the many fields in this sector, the main task employees will need to succeed in is communicating with customers and satisfying their requirements in most hospitality positions. Candidates must possess a range of different skills to succeed.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
10 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Employees must be able to communicate clearly and confidently, apply problem-solving skills on a regular basis, navigate different computer systems, work irregular hours, and work closely with management and supervisors. Many positions also require employees to work collaboratively in a team environment, regardless of whether the field in which they work is hotel or travel.
A Kitchen Services professional usually performs many of the following tasks :
- Preparation of basic food
- Unloading deliveries from suppliers
- Organising the storeroom
- Washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of a kitchen
- Have great communication skills
- Be creative for producing and creating new dishes and menus
- Passion for producing tasty dishes
- Be attentive and be able to work.
- Be attentive and be able to work in a small team.
- Being flexible and disciplined and able to interact and network with people
- Being industrious and diligent
- Being self-motivated and level headed
- Business savvy and organisation
- Communication, presentation and listening
- Controlling budgets and finance
- Intelligence and culture
- Project and time management
- Training and information technology
- GCSE grades A - C in English and Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Hospitality
Throughout your role you are not alone. Our client will offer you full training, support, guidance and are there to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
PROFOUND SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profound Services Ltd
Sky Jackson 0191 587 4570 Sky.firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017