Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship Hairdresser
An exciting opportunity has arisen at “Hairdresser” in Shaftesbury Dorset, we are a modern salon that offers up to date training for our apprentices. If you are passionate about becoming a Hair Stylist and would like to work within our dedicated team then please apply. Our Aim is to provide excellent customer experience.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
08 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As part of your Hairdressing Apprenticeship you will be supporting the hair team in the essential day-to-day running of the salon.
Looking after our clients for their treatment/services, shampooing client’s hair, assisting senior stylist in their day-to-day duties, by helping to prepare equipment and tools.
You will cover the reception area whilst giving excellent client care; also you will cover the general cleaning and maintaining of the salon. Making teas and coffees.
This opportunity will help you train alongside our team of stylists, allowing you to gain workplace skills and giving you the opportunity to gain your qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Good communication Skills, creative flair and ability.
Well presented, team player, good sense of humour, flexible attitude.
A-D grades GCSE’s or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Technical Certificate – designed to improve your knowledge and understanding of specific topics related to your trade.
- Level 2 National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – achieved through the tasks you do at work, NVQs are proof of your ability and practical skills.
- Functional Skills – general skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities – a workbook for you to do to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee, and your employer’s responsibilities towards you.
- Personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS) provide a framework for describing the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and life. The PLTS framework has been developed and refined over a number of years in consultation with employers, parents, schools, students and the wider public.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Caroline Helyar 01935 845399 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017