Quantity Surveyor Townsend & Renaudon
Job Purpose: To provide an efficient and effective construction financial management service to the firm’s clients. Job Description: To produce measurements for construction schemes under supervision. To assist in the preparation of valuations, financial statements and final accounts for construction works under supervision.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2018
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Feb 2018
07 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Responsible to: Directors of Firm
Responsible for: Financial control of Building and Civil Engineering contracts and production of tender documentation.
- Carry out any reasonable task requested by senior members of staff, to enable them to provide clients with required service.
- To produce measurements for construction schemes under supervision.
- To assist in the preparation of valuations, financial statements and final accounts for construction works under supervision.
- To undertake all works in accordance with the firms QA procedures.
- To utilise the firms computerised systems.
- To work in a team in undertaking the firms business
- To comply with existing and future legislation relating to the work being undertaken.
- To comply with the firms Health and Safety Policy.
Location: Townsend and Renaudon Lakeside House, 3 Trentham Office Village, Trentham Lakes South, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8GH or other location agreed with the Partners.
Visit their website for more: http://www.t-and-r.co.uk
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Keyboard skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach
- Willingness to undertake training
- Self motivated
- Confident positive approach
- Safety Conscious
Experience of working in teams
Knowledge of building, construction and procurement practices
Understanding of Quantity Surveyors role.
Knowledge of computer packages used by the company
GCSE Maths, English and a Science at C or above or equivalent to enable enrolment on to a HNC Diploma in Construction or ‘A’ levels or equivalent to enable access to QS BSc course.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
- Functional Skills
- You will be trained on Health and Safety
- Alongside this, you will be shown by the employer the basic accounts you will need to deal with
Business and Administration
STEPPING STONES EDUCATION AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stepping Stones
Stepping Stones Education and Training Ltd 01782478378 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2018