Apprentice Professional Chef THE GREAT FOOD COMPANY (BERKSHIRE) LTD
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a leading catering company. You will be working alongside the head chef for preparation of food for events, to the highest possible standard as we pride ourselves on our excellence. As we are a growing business you may need to help in all aspects of the kitchen so bags of energy would be important!
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
07 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are seeking an apprentice to train as a professional chef with us, in our busy base kitchen as well as with our chefs out on the road at events. You will be responsible and receive full training in a number of important areas and also learn basic knife skills. In more detail these are:
- Maintaining safe working practices
- Maintaining food hygiene standards
- Kitchen and larder management
- Vegetable and meat preparation
- Cold Prep
- Starters, mains and deserts preparation and cooking service
- Event preparation
- Food delivery to site from base kitchen
- Kitchen set up and dismantling
- Food presentation
As with all positions, you will start with the basics and be given more responsibility as you acquire skills and we are quite happy to move you on if you come with existing skills and / or experience and you will receive full support from your Mentor and the management team throughout.
Ideally, due to the busy nature of the role, we'd like someone with bags of energy and full of beans, but also someone that can stay calm and collected under pressure. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Requirements and prospects
- Team work
- Fast and effective learner
- Good communicator
- A good standard of English and Maths
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- Passionate about people
- Good time keeping
- Willing to learn and self-motivated
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English preferred but not essential
- Basic Knowledge of Health and Safety would be beneficial
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will receive on and off the job training from the employer and in conjunction with this you will undertake a QCF Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery with Functional Skills in Maths, English.
- You will also complete an Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook, a Technical Certificate and work on your Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Please note that most, if not all, the qualification and associated elements will be delivered in the workplace and there will be no weekly day release.You will probably find that, at the very most, you will need to come to our facility for only 1 day of tests in the whole year but even these tests may be conducted in the workplace.
- You will be able to complete, store, reference and deliver your work through our E-Learning Portal.
- Our Assessor will visit your new workplace and work with you 1-2-1 on all aspects of the framework and ancillary elements of your Apprenticeship qualifications
Catering and Professional Chefs
N & B. TRAINING COMPANY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by N & B Training
Louis Terry 07717 558979 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017