Hairdressing Apprenticeship - Level 3 Gems Beauty Studios Limited
The Level 3 NVQ Apprenticeship in Hairdressing is for those who have completed their Level 2 and want to enhance their skills and take on a more responsible position at work. You will be employed and have, or be in the process of developing, your own client base within the salon.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
06 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will have the opportunity to become a senior stylist within the organisation and will work with salon juniors. This is a fantastic opportunity for the apprentice to work in a well-established salon. This salon is busy and the standards are extremely high so candidates must have excellent multi-tasking skills and whilst they are learning must be willing to work within all aspects of the salon.
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing also allows you to work in industry where an assessor will come to your workplace to assess you on the practical elements of the course. One day a week you will be released to College to complete the knowledge requirements, train in a realistic working environment and complete the Functional Skill elements of the programme. The units are selected on the basis of relevance to the industry and the employability value.
These are some of the creative units you will undertake:
- Contribute to the Planning & Implementation of Promotional Activities - plan an activity such as the hairdressing competition and implement it
- Creatively cut hair - creating restyle cuts including precision cut
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques & Colour Correction - lightening hair and use of toners, resolve basic colour problems, creative colour techniques and corrective colouring using different types of products
- Creatively styling and dressing long hair - using conventional and non-conventional items and the use of accessories and added hair
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker,
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative.
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work long shifts on their feet,
- Enthusiastic approach to all aspects of work.
- Excellent timekeeping,
- Professional and presentable appearance,
- Able to work as part of a team.
2 GCSE’s at grade A* to D including Maths and English / ANYONE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST ALREADY HOLD A LEVEL 2 HAIRDRESSING QUALIFICATION ALREADY
Things to consider
About the employer
Gems Beauty Studios Limited
Training to be completed onsite and day release at college to complete an intermediate technical certificate in Hairdressing and Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017