Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Sunshine Nursery
Fantastic child care nursery from Southampton requires eager to learn apprentice to assist the nursery team in their task of ensuring that all children attending the setting receive high quality care. are kept safe and receive stimulating play experiences.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
06 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Care and Education:
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS and relevant legislation
- To ensure that activities take into account the individual needs of each child
- To develop high quality interactions with children, to observe, support and extend their thinking and learning
- Ensure effective observation, assessment and planning
- Work in partnership with parents to ensure they are kept fully informed
- To respect the culture and religious beliefs of all children and keep the "Unique Child" at the heart of everything you do
- Demonstrate inclusive practice and role model behaviour
- Promote the welfare of children and ensure that they are kept safe
- Work with the management team to continuously improve quality of childcare and early years education
- To support the nursery in its delivery of quality childcare
- Ensure that in all dealings with colleagues you are polite and courteous at all times
- Ensure that rooms are left clean and tidy at the end of your shift
- Report all room maintenance requirements to the manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- An enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisational skills
- A genuine love of and enjoyment from working with children
- Eager to learn
- Friendly personality
- Honest reliable and flexible
GCSE in Maths and English ( A-E ) or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ Level 2 in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or an NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Practitioner.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Sara Warry 02380 010210 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017