PSA Peugeot Citroen Automotive Apprentice Technician Peugeot Motor Company Plc
Automotive Apprentice Technician working towards Level 2 and Level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Apprenticeship Framework.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
06 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Are you looking to start a career within the automotive industry?
Do you want to work for the company that came 2nd in the best apprentice employer of 2014 awards?
Are you self-motivated and results oriented?
This role covers a wide range of specialisms, including:
- Light commercial vehicles.
- Electrics and electronic, known as an Auto Electrician.
- Parts replacements.
- After Sales.
- Parts storage.
- Dealing with customers.
Although the levels of skill may vary they are all jobs, which require concentrated, physical activity. You will gain in-depth knowledge of a vehicle and its systems. But you will also use high-tech equipment to find out what’s wrong with the vehicle and then use a range of tools to remove, replace or repair faulty or worn components.
These roles bring a great amount of satisfaction to individuals with a passion for problem solving.
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Safety conscious.
- Work well under pressure.
- Time keeping.
- Good communication skills.
- Have a passion for the automotive industry
- Be committed to complete a 3 year programme
- A desire to continually develop
- A Minimum of 3 GCSE Grades C or Above – including Maths & English Language (Equivalents Accepted)
- Candidates who fail to state their GCSE Results in Maths & English Language will be automatically unsuccessful
Things to consider
About the employer
For 2016/17 Our Service Technician Programme is split into two learning journeys, we offer a two year level 2 programme at service technician level.
The candidates who successfully complete their level 2 apprenticeship and who are eligible for our level 3 programme maybe enrolled onto our level 3 programme for another 12 months.
Subject to meeting the level 3 entry requirements
- Level 2 NVQ, Level 2 Technical Certificate during the two year programme
- 12 weeks of residential training at The Academy in Coventry
- Functional Skills delivery during the Apprenticeship
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey
- PSA accredited Service Maintenance Technician Training
- IMI Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Training
Level 3 NVQ & Level 3 Diploma
- 6 weeks of residential training at The Academy in Coventry
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey.
- Service & Maintenance Technician Development Plan
- Refrigerant & Gas Handling accreditation at the successful completion of level 3 programme (requires an additional days at The Academy)
- In addition to our level 2 and level 3 programme, learners will have Bespoke Academy development plans for apprentices, incorporating prerequisite e-learning & assessments linked to the formal qualifications
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Peugeot Citroen Apprenticeships
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Citroen Uk Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017