Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship IN N Out
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
01 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories;
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent – grade A*-D/9-3 in English and maths desired (but not required).
A potential full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have.
About the employer
IN'n'OUT Autocentres are experts in vehicle servicing, MOT's & repairs. We were established in 2008 and have over 25 autocentres nationwide.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Lucy-Anne Walker 01923 216165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Skillnet approved college once a week to work towards to achieve their Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. A Skills Coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification
- Functional Skills (English and maths - If required)
- Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.