Level 2 Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant The Pharmacy
Phakeys Pharmacy is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
01 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Phakeys Pharmacy is busy and a welcoming pharmacy based on Carlton Road just outside Nottingham City Centre. If you have a keen desire to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical sector this is a fantastic opportunity.
The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy.
Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college
Requirements and prospects
- Be a good communicator
- Be able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and show initiative
- They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- At times, the position will be pressured and you must be resilient in adapting quickly and calmly when under pressure
- They will be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- The ideal candidate will also understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customers
A*-D/9-3 grades in GCSE maths & English or Functional Skills Level 1
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship, dependent upon the performance.
About the employer
Phakeys Pharmacy is based on Carlton Road in Nottingham. Offering a full range of health information & in store services.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team 0115 9457260 email@example.com
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship standard in Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in maths & English if not exempt
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.