Apprentice CNC Machinist Atlantic Precision Engineering Ltd
Using the latest technology, in this wide-ranging apprenticeship you will learn to programme, set and operate computer-controlled machine tools to produce high precision complex components.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As a CNC machinist, you will learn to programme
- Set and operate computer-controlled machine tools
- Use fixtures/chucks/work-holding devices
- Machine different types of materials and their properties
- Setting and checking cutting tools
- Measurement of components (metrology)
- Reading drawings and working in both metric and imperial
- Understanding machine tool feeds and speeds
- Using cutting fluids in machining and working safely in engineering
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information
- Ability to follow procedure and see projects through to completion
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to accurately document/record information
- Attention to detail
- Tidy worker
- Good practical skills
- You will be committed and motivated to complete college and NVQ assignments
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Strong interest in science and technology
- An interest in how things work or are manufactured
- Good team worker
- Good communicator
- Hardworking and dedicated
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) and above (or equivalents) in maths and English. Science and ICT an advantage
To become a fully qualified engineer in a permanent position with Atlantic Precision.
Things to consider
Like all apprenticeships, this requires a long term commitment – there will be assignments and log book entries to complete as well as homework. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top company, whilst you work towards Nationally recognised qualifications.
About the employer
Atlantic Precision Engineering Limited is a well established company with over 50 years background and experience of providing a precision manufacturing service to the Aerospace and most major industrial sectors.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sigta Ltd
Pauline Jones 01273 416989 email@example.com
Engineering Technician L3 Apprenticeship Standard - This will include on-site training at Atlantic Precision and day release attendance at college.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved the following qualification:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
The final apprenticeship completion certificate will be issued on achievement of the above qualification and successful completion of final end point assessment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.