Two Apprentice Press Brake Operatives Unitech Engineering Ltd
Two apprentices required for operating a variety of brake press machines as well as adjusting and loading tools, reading engineering drawings and maintaining equipment to a safe, clean and good working order. Experience is not required as full training will be given.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2022
£187.59 - £266.38
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2022
29 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Two apprentices required to learn how to operative/set brake presses. You will report directly to the Supervisor and will eventually be responsible for:
- Operating a variety of brake press machines, including Amada and Edwards Pearson
- Adjust and load tools as required to perform correct folds and bends to produce a variety of aluminium and stainless-steel components
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Maintain and ensure equipment is safe, clean and in good working order
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy, adhering to Health and Safety procedures and policies at all times
- Assist with any other tasks as required in line with business needs and as required within your skill set and experience
Requirements and prospects
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Previous experience is not required as full training will be given
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Genuinely interested in an engineering career
GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent in English and maths.
Full time position after successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Training will be delivered as follows:
1 day per week at In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, WS9 8UG, and 4 days at the company. Please ensure you are able to travel to both sites.
Anyone under the age of 18 cannot legally work for more than 40 hours per week; over 18's must agree to 'opt out' of the working time directive if they work more than 48 hours per week.
About the employer
Unitech is a leading supplier of high quality stainless steel and aluminium equipment to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and other hygiene conscious industries.
Operating from their 75,000 square foot production facility in the heart of the West Midlands, they offer a range of 'off the shelf' products as well as bespoke fabrications. They also have, through their experience, the expertise to offer full turnkey projects with many impressive references both in the UK and worldwide.
In more recent years the Unitech Group has grown substantially and still continues to grow. Whatever your needs, contact them today as they are sure to have an answer to your procurement needs.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
- NVQ Level 2 in Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if needed)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.