Supporting, Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship Loddon Primary School
You will be working five days a week in the KS2 team, gaining your practical experience. This will involve supporting the lead class teacher in enhancing a pupil’s learning either via groups or individually. You will then attend college once a month to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
29 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The primary role of a learner undertaking a Teaching Assistant apprenticeship is to support the lead class teacher in enhancing a pupil’s learning either via groups or individually.
They will be required to:
- Ensure pupils understand the work set
- Have an adequate understanding of their learning objectives
- Help pupils to stay on task in order to make progress in the learning environment
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to teach children is essential
The candidates will be expected to:
- Support the lead class teacher in enhancing a pupil’s learning
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the class
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- Flexibility and creativity
- Enjoy working with children
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
- Patience and a sense of humour
- No previous qualifications needed but if you have your GCSE C/4 or equivalent grade or above in English and maths this will help your application
- Before you can begin working with children, the school will carry out enhanced background checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Some TA's go on to train as teachers. So, if you’re thinking of going into teaching in the long term, then working as a TA can be an excellent place to start your teaching career. To find out more about careers in teaching, see the Get into Teaching website.
About the employer
We pride ourselves on our caring and supportive team ethos which combines high expectations and a family atmosphere to develop each child's full potential both socially and academically. As a Values School we follow the principles of Values Based Education www.valuesbasededucation.com. We are proud to have achieved our Enhanced Mark for Values Based Education and to support other schools locally in their own Values projects and development.
We are committed to encouraging, supporting and challenging every child to realise their potential.
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 01189566995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills Level 2
Level 3 (A level)