Nursery Apprentice NORWOOD MANOR DAY NURSERY LIMITED
To work within a large nursery with children of various ages learning the every day duties of a nursery assistant
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
08 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The apprentice will be based in one of the age groups in the nursery and will be appointed an experienced member of staff to mentor and support them. The apprentice will have the opportunity to carry out all the normal jobs of a nursery worker under supervision. They will be involved in play and care activities and will have opportunity to carry out observations on children which will be reviewed by senior members of staff.
Each day you will do the following:
- Ensure the nursery is safe before the children arrive
- Set out activities from the planning
- Help with toileting and change nappies
- Outdoor play
- Arts and Crafts activities
The apprentice will have the opportunity to attend in-house training alongside members of staff. The Apprentice may be included in rotas for short periods from time to time at the Manager’s discretion but will not generally be required in ratio.
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about childcare.
- Ability to be playful with children.
- Basic ICT skills would be an advantage.
- Interest in a career within childcare.
- Pleasant, friendly and approachable.
- Good team-worker.
- Good appearance and presentation.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths is preferable.
- On completion of the Apprenticeship suitable candidates will be offered permanent positions if available.
About the employer
NORWOOD MANOR DAY NURSERY LIMITED
- The Childcare Company provides online training in childcare, playwork ,supporting teaching and learning and Business administration.
- Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials, and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor.
- The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation.
- It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
- The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and reading.
- You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need.
- As part of your training you will cover ERR unit, Technical certificate and functional skills in Maths English and ICT.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Sarah Harden 01753 313460 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017