Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Rainbow Education Multi Academy Trust Croxteth County Primary School
Working in a primary school coaching children ages 4 - 11 years old. As an Apprentice Teaching Assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
24 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Working within a Primary School full-time as a Teaching Assistant, your duties will include:
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Being involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understanding the Safeguarding and Behaviour Policy
- Working with children aged 4 - 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- Running a breakfast club, lunch time club and after school clubs on occasional days
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Ability to self-manage and organise your own time
- Pro-active willingness to work
- Innovative individual
- Always ensuring the children within school are put first
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- Level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious - hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
GCSEs at grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This role could lead on to further employment after the qualification has been completed.
About the employer
At Croxteth, we follow the Rainbow Education Multi Academy Trust Values.
Promoting Fundamental British Values.
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain.
Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- Rule of law
- Mutual respect
- Individual liberty
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
At Croxteth Primary School we are proud to promote British Values. These values go hand in hand with our school’s own Core Values.
The school places significant emphasis upon the engagement of pupils in understanding and living within the context of British Values, both within the classroom and beyond (e.g. Playground, School Council).
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
Emily Coppack 07903 612947 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.