Early Years Educator Apprentice Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
The Early Years Educator apprentice will help to ensure that all children can access high quality Early Years provision. The Early Years apprentice will complete all the required college work to a high standard.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Nov 2022
23 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties will include:
- To be responsible to the Childcare Manager /Deputy Childcare Manager/HT for the day-to-day care and education of the children in the Childcare Centre/Nursery School.
- To help deliver high-quality care to the children in our Childcare Centre/Nursery School that is appropriate to the children's different education, social and cultural needs.
- To contribute to, and implement activities suitable to the age range of children attending the Childcare Centre/Nursery School.
- To support behaviour management and development.
- Attend to children's personal needs.
- To support the development of our ethos and create a welcoming, friendly environment in their room/class.
- To support the liaison with and support parents/carers, as required and encourage them to participate in their child's progress and development, and to advise the manager/HT of any staff or parental concerns regarding any child within the Childcare Centre/Nursery School which may require professional intervention.
- To make accurate observations of children in the setting which can inform the next steps for planning.
- To help ensure the Early Years Foundation Stage is promoted and delivered within the Childcare Centre/Nursery School and its principles adhered to.
- To be flexible with working practises within the Childcare Centre and be prepared to work where needed and undertake certain domestic tasks such e.g. cleaning duties, and snacks.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To promote Equal Opportunities through the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- Level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious - hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Pro-active willingness to work
- Innovative individual
- Always ensuring the children within school are put first
4/C in maths and English GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
For the right candidate, this apprenticeship is the start of your career and there is an opportunity to progress within the school.
Things to consider
A DBS check will be completed and at least 2 references are required.
About the employer
At Ellergreen Nursery School and Childcare Centre we want to inspire all our children to achieve to their full potential and develop a passion for life-long learning.
Our aims are:
- To foster and support children from the age of 2–4 years of age in all aspects of their development through providing a stimulating learning environment with opportunities for children to become confident and independent learners.
- To develop self-esteem, resilience, independence, confidence and social and learning skills in all children and their families.
- To work in partnerships with parents/carers to ensure a smooth transition from home to our setting and provide a good foundation for their future.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and secure environment to all children and their families, staff and visitors.
- To ensure all children reach their full potential.
- To provide equal opportunities for all and ensure that the fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs are embedded in everyday life.
- To work with other settings and agencies for the benefit of all children and families.
- To share good practice.
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
Emily Coppack 07903 612947 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.