Nursery Apprentice Tinky's Day Nursery Ltd
Support all base room nursery staff in the day to day running of the learning room. Plan and engage in activities with the children of their learning room. Speak confidently and share information of the children to all staff in their learning room. To follow safeguarding policies and procedures to safeguard all children in the setting.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
17 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for an outgoing individual who is passionate about childcare to join out busy nursery team:
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To learn, understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To be a key person
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
- To show enthusiasm, passion and hard work towards everything they do
- Most importantly, to have fun and learn
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Passionate in working in childcare
GCSE’s, or equivalents, in maths and English at a grade 4/5/C/B or above.
Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
Please note, if you already have a level 2 in childcare, you may be considered for a level 3, please still apply.
About the employer
We encourage children to become strong, independent characters by allowing them to explore the world around them and be inquisitive, critical thinkers that challenge what they see and learn. In order to become strong, independent individuals, we provide children with high quality educational equipment, materials and activities, both indoors and outdoors, appropriate for the different stages of a child’s development.
Partnership with parents is at the heart of all we do. From the outset, we continually work with parents with settling in sessions prior to your child starting nursery. We support parents and carers in the development of their children, both at nursery and at home, and encourage parents to have an active involvement in nursery life.
We advocate a wide spectrum of extra-curricular clubs at no extra cost so that all children have equal opportunities. We are confident this all-round experience will support your child and allow them to excel in activities they may not usually partake in.
We firmly believe in inspiring our staff to be better, with excellence in everything we do. We aim to recruit passionate practitioners and grow staff to be the best they possibly can. By investing in our staff, we will continue to build a committed, effective and motivated team. We develop, promote and keep all our staff up to date with current research, Early Years and education trends; this enables them to implement the very best practice that training can empower them with.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Jenna Chambers firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners must be aged 16 or over. We do not set any other entry requirements but employers may have their own guidelines. at the recruitment stage.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce. This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.