Orthopaedic Manufacturing Apprentice ALLOYED LIMITED
Do you want a career producing 3D-printed medical implants? Alloyed is seeking a manufacturing apprentice to join its growing team. You will carry out every stage of implant manufacture, from printing through to cleaning and inspection.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Meshworks is Alloyed’s new orthopaedic implants business, based in Oxford. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to join an exciting new business and help make a meaningful impact to orthopaedic treatment.
As an apprentice:
- You will make custom implants that perfectly fit a single patient
- You operate complex additive manufacturing, blasting and polishing machines
- You will wear PPE to clean and package the implants in the Cleanroom
- You will stretch tensile bars to ensure the implants are strong enough
- You will use microscopes to check they are clean and defect-free
- You will maintain key equipment and manage stock levels to ensure a smooth-functioning production environment
- You will carry out every aspect of manufacture, and become a vital member of the Meshworks team
Recruitment for this apprenticeship will be on going with start dates flexible to accommodate your availability. Advertising will close as soon as suitable candidates are found so don’t delay your application!
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Awareness of industrial or manufacturing environments
- Practical and energetic
- Keen to learn new skills
- Organised and able to work independently
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed (infrequently)
Required: C/4 or above in Maths and English Desirable: 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above including Engineering, Science, Physics, or Chemistry.
Ongoing employment possible further to successful completion.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Alloyed is a world leader at designing and manufacturing digital metal components. The company develops new alloys and metal components for a wide range of engineering sectors including aerospace, automotive, space, orthopaedics, consumer electronic, and jewellery.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CSR Group
Trudy Jukes 0121 3542442 email@example.com
Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3, including a BTEC Diploma in Applied Science.
Science manufacturing technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.