Apprentice Wood Machinist Roger Lewis Furniture Company
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Wood Machine Workshop. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Machining and Cutting through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical hands on skills and techniques to produce different types of furniture components.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
30 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
A wood machinist is the baseline of the furniture industry creating different wood based components to be used on different pieces of furniture. Wood machining is the ideal career pathway for someone who enjoys hands on practical opportunity.
Duties will Include:
- Measuring out the quantity of timber needed and the measurements required to be cut.
- Selecting the correct type of wood for a specific project
- Check and ensure all materials are to specification with job requirements
- Cutting and shaping timber
- Following Health and Safety procedures whilst using woodworking machines and to follow codes of conduct whilst in the workplace.
- Using a wide range of machinery such as band saws, CNC machines, Wide Belt Sander and Cross Cut saw.
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to become a Wood Machinist:
- Punctual / Timekeeping skills
- A keen attention to detail
- material knowledge
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication
- The ability to follow instructions
- Excellent practical skills
- Exceptional math skills for taking measurements
- The ability to work under pressure
- This is an exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career in Furniture Manufacturing specialising in working on wood machinery. The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, assertive, willing to learn, a team player and flexible in their approach to work.
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 4/C or equivielent. This is desirable but not essential.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in a trade specific role
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility
- Operating CAD software
About the employer
Roger Lewis design and makes contemporary furniture for commercial and domestic interiors.
Having built a reputation over the past 30 years with international retail clients they apply their wealth of skill and knowledge to their dedicated contract furniture offering.
Drawing inspiration from a global world, Roger Lewis create modern, comfortable furniture for working, collaborating and relaxing with an unrivalled attention to detail. From the curvature of a sofa, to the smooth finish of a wooden leg and the quality of the yarn, they take great pride in every aspect of the production process. Upheld by every designer and maker in the team.
The design team works closely with high-profile collaborators & designers to develop and deliver a distinctive and customisable collection of furniture from their factory in Wiltshire.
Their partners across the world provide inspiration and enhanced capabilities allowing them to source products and componentry that differentiates Roger Lewis from their competitors, crafting and curating trusted products and services that will stand the test of time.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Emma Dougan 01159677771 firstname.lastname@example.org
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on block release basis which is for a week at a time every 3.5mths , the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Furniture Manufacturing and Wood Machining to ensure you are capable carrying out your role using traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.If you have already achieved GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and Maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.