Production Chef Apprentice Intermediate Level 2 St Wilfrids Rc College
Production chefs work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments, for example, schools, hospitals, the Armed Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens. They report to the Senior Production chef or appropriate line manager.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
26 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of food.
- Assisting in cleaning all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensuring high level of health and safety and hygiene standards are met.
- Ensuring that safe working practices are followed.
- Assisting in stock taking and checking deliveries.
- Carrying out any other duties within the overall function of the job.
- Ensuring compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes.
- Committing to personal development activities.
- Adapting and producing dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organisation skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- The right applicant will be logical.
- A good team worker.
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grades 4/C or above) essential.
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grades 4/C or above) essential.
- Career development opportunities including access to apprenticeship qualifications.
- Possifbility of full-time placement for the right candidate.
About the employer
The role is within St. Anthony's Girls' Catholic Academy in Sunderland.
St. Anthony’s is an Outstanding Catholic Academy for girls aged 11-18 years, within the Mercy tradition. Our academy was established in 1904 and has been delivering high-quality education for young women for over a century. St. Anthony’s was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all categories’ by Ofsted in March 2013, and we have achieved Teaching School status from September 2014.
TYNE COAST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Tyneside College
Anthony Kelly 07747461209 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Production chef intermediate level 2 qualification.
- Regular one-to-one visits with assigned tutor.
- One day per week release to South Tyneside College for training.
- In-house training with an assigned mentor.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.