Ford Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship - Vospers Group Vospers - Ford
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
25 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided, no skills required.
- A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent - A*-C/9-4 in English and maths required
A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
About the employer
Today the Vospers Group, with a turnover approaching £200 million, consists of 24 separate sites offering vehicle sales and aftercare to its customers throughout Devon and Cornwall.
The Company commenced trading as a motor business in Plymouth during 1946. The present Chairman’s father founded the business and he was joined by his own father after incorporation in 1951. Over the years the Company became franchise holders for AC, Fiat, Volkswagen, Jaguar and Simca and then was appointed a Ford Retail Dealer in 1957. Vospers entered into the daily rental and contract hire business through their associated company, Vospers Rentacar Ltd in the 1950’s.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Max Bancroft 01923 630800 firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only will apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend the Henry Ford Academy 4-5 times a year for 1 week periods to work towards to achieve their apprentieship standard. A skills coach will visit at least every 4 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification
- Functional Skills (Maths and English) - If requireLevel 3 Light Vehicle Qualification
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- Ford Masters Level 1 technician modules
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.