Commis Chef Apprentice Alnwick Garden Enterprises Limited
Alnwick Garden are delighted to offer an opportunity for an additional member to join their team. They are looking for a Apprentice Commis Chef who has a passion for food and to work at one of the most visited tourist attractions in the North East of England.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
24 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main Purpose: To plan, prepare and execute all food services to Alnwick Garden standards at Pavilion and Tree House Restaurant Alnwick Gardens in all areas of the kitchen.
Key Responsibilities and Daily Duties:
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard across breakfast/lunch/dinner service, including assisting senior chefs with any function bookings
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in the all areas
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the menu offer
- Responsible to manage waste control
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to as described in the Alnwick Garden Health and Safety Policy, including best practices to ensure personal hygiene at all times
- Demonstrate Personal Development
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent record keeping
- Demonstrate high level of organisation
- Takes the initiative
- Supportive / team player
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude
- C/4 or above (or equivalent) in both Maths and English
- To complete the apprenticeship andthe potential of a full-time post for the right candidate
Things to consider
About the employer
The brainchild of The Duchess of Northumberland, The Alnwick Garden is a multi-award winning visitor attraction based in Alnwick, Northumberland. Our 12 acres of meandering and magnificent Gardens are home to the world’s largest Tai Haku Cherry Orchard, a Grand Cascade comprising 120 water jets and the worlds largest Treehouse Restaurant.
We are a place where everyone is welcome. Families and children can run freely throughout The Garden playing on our mini diggers and interacting with our daily Summer street theatre programme. At other times of the year, The Garden is a peaceful and tranquil haven to spend hour after hour wandering amongst the Roses, the Ornamental Garden and the Cherry Blossom or just kicking back to take it all in on one of our 50 swinging benches.
If you are looking for a unique dining experience, why not dine in our magnificent Treehouse Restaurant? Or for a lighter bite then you can visit the Potting Shed, The Bakery or The Pavilion Cafe.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207 585914 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.