Ford Vehicle Parts Advisor Apprenticeship Allen Ford
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside fully qualified parts advisors to be fully trained in sourcing and supplying parts for light vehicles.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
23 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
An exciting opportunity that offers a varied workload the apprentice will develop skills in a number of areas, including:
- Safe storage of parts
- Handling, storing, and receiving stock
- Processing payments
- Following company procedures
- Identifying, sourcing, and ordering parts
- Monitoring and solving customer problems/enquiries and processing customer’s orders
The Parts Advisor Apprentice will be working with both customers and workshop staff, over the phone and face to face, using computerised stock management systems and parts identification programme ECAT. A Parts Advisor Apprentice will support the dealership, improve sales, and provide excellent customer service.
Requirements and prospects
- No skills required as full training will be provided
- A keen interest in the vehicle industry with good communication skills both written and verbal
- The Apprentice must be hard working and motivated
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have such as progressing through the dealership
About the employer
The Allen Ford Group has been joined in recent years by Essex Ford and SMC Ford.
Our network of around 30 locations stretches across the south of England from Bath in the west, through the Midlands, Berkshire and London, to Kent and Essex in the southeast. Today we employ over 1,000 people to serve the needs of our customers.
Our many years in business have allowed us to build relationships with other firms in the industry for the benefit of our customers, and this includes the Motability charity. We support the Motability Scheme, which sees us supply cars and aftersales care to eligible members.
With both cars and vans on sale at our dealerships, we have a number of options for drivers of most requirements. Our new and used car selection includes models such as the Fiesta and Focus, as well as the Kuga and Mustang. Meanwhile, tradespeople can access the iconic Transit van and rugged Ranger pickup from our dedicated Ford Transit Centres. We are also one of the country’s largest Privilege dealers, and can, therefore, sell Ford cars at special prices to the manufacturer’s employees and their relatives.
In addition to vehicle supply, we also deliver aftersales care via our service centres and body shop.
The scope of our offering and the width of our dealership network makes us the only location that motorists need to stay on the road. We are proud to represent the respected manufacturer, and strive to uphold its reputation through our high standards of customer service and competitive prices.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Lucy-Anne Walker 01923 216 165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Ford Masters Level 1 modules
Apprentices will be working and will be trained within the dealership and an advisor will visit at least every 4-6 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.