Technical Support Apprentice Technoturn Ltd
Joining Technoturn Ltd as an apprentice you will be supported by a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers in your journey to becoming a fully skilled Technical Support Technician. A mindset of continuous improvement and strong attention to detail are key to progressing through your career to become a talented engineer.
Closing date: 25 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
20 May 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
In this wide-ranging apprenticeship you will learn:
- to understand and follow safe working practices.
- to read and interpret engineering drawings and understand customer requirements in order to produce technical documentation to support production.
- present technical documentation in the required format ensuring that is meets company and UK/International Standards.
- to have an understanding of the practical and theoretical uses of production machines and their applications.
- quality assurance control procedures including inspection activities using state of the art equipment.
- develop effective business and/or customer relationships.
- provide technical advice and guidance to others.
- understand how and where to source other areas of technical expertise to develop appropriate manufacturing solutions.
- work with suppliers to ensure production materials and outsourced operations are received on time and to an appropriate standard.
- introduction to Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing.
Requirements and prospects
Good hand skills - practical skills, ability to understand and communicate technical information and work in a team. Though engineering is often viewed in purely technical terms, you must also have strong communication and teamwork skills.
Mechanical engineers are, above all else, problem solvers. They use maths and analytical skills to spot problems and resolve them. This is important in the development process so you can ensure that the devices you create do what clients need them to do.
- Committed and motivated to complete college assignments.
- Interest in how things work and are manufactured.
- Good workspace organization and tidiness.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to innovate to find solutions.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
5 X GCSE, or equivalents, at Grade C (4/5) and above including maths and English. Science and IT an advantage.
To become a fully trained and qualified Technical Support Technician with Technoturn Ltd.
Things to consider
Like all apprenticeships, this requires a long-term commitment - there will be assignments and log book entries to complete as well as homework. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top company, whilst you work towards Nationally recognised qualifications.
About the employer
Subcontract manufacturers of high precision CNC machined components and assemblies for cutting edge industries including Aerospace, Defence and scientific research.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sigta Ltd
David Underwood 01424 850066 firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Technician L3 Apprenticeship Standard - this will include on-site training at Technoturn Ltd and day release attendance at College.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved the following qualification;
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
The final apprenticeship completion certificate will be issued on achievement of the above qualification and successful completion of final end point assessment.
Engineering manufacturing technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.