Apprentice Project Engineer STOBA PRAZISIONSTECHNIK UK LIMITED
In this world-class company, you will learn to provide and develop engineering support to efficiently deliver engineering solutions, ensuring that Stoba deliver on time, on budget, items fit for purpose and give advice to both the company and customers.
Closing date: 11 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jul 2022
18 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Working closely with the Senior Engineering Team and both the Production and Quality Departments to ensure the successful delivery of the project, e.g. prototype manufacture, purchasing materials and tooling, R&D drawings, tool design, manufacture and development.
Learning and Development End Goals as part of the Engineering Team, you will learn to:
- Manage mechanical engineering projects and processes
- Define processes, designing fixtures, tooling and gauging
- Developing fault finding processes and assisting with machine problems and repairs as needed
- Manufacturing equipment, programming, setting and "proving out"
- Contributing to and creating documentation and procedures
- Project engineering, incorporating mechanical design, prototype manufacture and R&D
- Final inspection of parts
- Customer and supplier liaison, reporting and attendance of meetings possible at customer premises
- Managing version control of drawings and specifications
- Compilation and communication of bills of materials, method statements and procedures
- Providing technical support where necessary and effectively manage change
- Investigation of problems and complaints
- Adhering to ongoing departmental Health and Safety
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information
- Attention for detail
- Organised, problem solving and ability to document/record information
- Good communication skills
- Committed and motivated to complete NVQ assignments
- Effective team worker
- Interest in how things work and are made
- 5 X GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C (4/5) and above including maths and English. Science and ICT an advantage
To become a fully qualified Project Engineer with Stoba, gaining nationally recognised qualifications.
Things to consider
Like all apprenticeships, this requires a long-term commitment - there will be assignments and logbook entries to complete as well as homework. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top company whilst you work towards nationally recognised qualifications.
About the employer
Stoba Prazisionstechnik specialise in the manufacture of high precision metal components for the automotive industry. The company produces complex machined components for high-pressure injection systems. Stoba employs 600 workers in the manufacturing plants of Backnang (Ger), Small Dole (GB) and Yantai (China).
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sigta Ltd
Brian Bliss 01273 494379 firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Technician L3 Apprenticeship Standard - this will include on-site training at Stoba and day release attendance at College.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved the following qualifications:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.