Apprenticeship in Childcare Little Red Hen Day Nurseries Ltd
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
18 May 2022
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship. Functional skills are covered as part of the apprenticeship
Level 2 Apprenticeship Vacancies:
- No Qualifications are required for this apprenticeship as functional skills will be covered for level 2
- A clear CRB may be required by the nursery
Level 3 Apprenticeship Vacancies:
- To undertake the Advanced Apprenticeship candidates will need to achieve or already have achieved a GCSE or equivalent grade A-C 9/4 in maths and English prior to completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship
- ICT Functional Skills will be covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid. A clear DBS may be required by the nursery
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles.
You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles.
You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish.
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day.
You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery.
There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work but it is very rewarding.
About the employer
This nursery setting has two sites and is looking for two apprentices to join the team in the larger setting in Maidenhead
Little Red Hen Day Nurseries Ltd
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 956 6995 email@example.com
- Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce or Level 3 Diploma in children and young People's Workforce depending on previous experience and qualifications. Intermediate apprentices will attend day release
- Advanced can choose between day release, evening or Saturday classes
- Apprenticeships are made up of the Certificate or Diploma plus Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT and Paediatric First Aid certificate
Early years lead practitioner
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)