Adult Support Worker Apprentice Making Space
Are you interested in working with a range of different people? Are you a caring person who likes to help other? Making Space is looking for a caring, committed and hardworking apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 15 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
17 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant will be required to carry out the following:
- To assist clients within their own flat and promote independent living with support from the service provision
- To assist clients in all aspects of their personal care
- To maintain good levels of housekeeping
- To maintain good levels of hygiene
- To assist clients with their mobility needs
- To work as part of a team
- To assist clients during mealtimes, this may include serving meals or supporting the individual to eat and drink
- To record information into appropriate documents
- To maintain confidentiality
- To complete all necessary training
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- To be able to use initiative
- Respond efficiently to instruction
- Able to work under pressure
- Have an interest in the sector and service users’ needs
- Patient and caring
- Friendly and approachable
- A good educational background including GCSE in English and maths at C/4 or above or equivalent, such as Functional Skills at Level 2 is desirable but not essential.
- For the right candidate, there are prospects for progression into education, training or full time work
Things to consider
- Shift work including every other weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required and expected
- You will be expected to sit an end point assessment to complete this Apprenticeship which is graded as merit, pass and distinction
About the employer
At Making Space we care about people. We embrace the diversity of our people and celebrate our shared ambition of making a difference to people’s lives.
Our residents and their families are at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to work in true and equal partnership with our residents, across all levels of the organisation.
Additional location information
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning and Skills
Graham Curry 07949845325 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Functional skills in maths and English at Level 1 (if required)
- Care Certificate
- End Point Assessment
You will also complete on and off the job training that will include the following aspects:
- Daily routine of the care home
- Personal care
- Levels of housekeeping
- Residents hygiene
- Assisting residents with their mobility needs
- Assisting residents during mealtimes, this may include serving meals or supporting the individual to eat and drink
- Dealing with and recording information
- Confidentiality and Data protection
Training will take place at the training centre and in the workplace and be delivered by our training staff and staff from the Care Home.
You will be required to produce a showcase portfolio of evidence and complete an end point assessment at the end of your Apprenticeship which will be graded pass, merit or distinction.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.