Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Dental Nursing Wollaton Dental Practice
Wollaton Road Dental Practice based in Wollaton are looking for a friendly and caring Dental Nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
13 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Although college day release isnt due to start until September 2022 the employer is happy to interview candidates and start their employment as soon as they find the right candidate for them.
If you are professional, confident and you are passionate about pursuing a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed. You will be working chairside with the dentist or dental hygienist, gaining all the skills and experience key to becoming a successful Dental Nurse.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist or hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for enrolment and one day every 2 weeks for training due to commence in September 2022..
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Open to learning and taking on new challenges
GSCE's grade A*-C/9-4 to include English and maths (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2). Candidates must have at least one of these qualifications and be able to evidence it with either statement of results or the qualification certificate. If both qualifications are not held at this level, then assessments will determine your suitability to be put forward for the apprenticeship provided the required level is reached.
Potential for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Wollaton Road Dental Practice was established in the late 1970’s by Dr Archer C Birch. Dr James Peachey and his wife Mrs Adele Peachey took over this practice in June 1986.
Dr Gurvinder Singh Thiara became Principal dentist in September 2010. Dr Thiara works here alongside his wife the practice manager, the hygiene therapist and 3 nurses. Wollaton Dental Practice is situated within Wollaton, Nottinghamshire. We are a small NHS and Private family run practice, which boasts the highest quality of professional Dental Care.
At Wollaton Dental Practice Dr Thiara and his team take great pride in the quality of dentistry they offer. They aim to make their clients visit a pleasant experience and provide good oral health for them and their family through preventative dentistry. This means giving patients regular dental examinations and advice on how we can care for their teeth, gums and general oral health.
We aim provide patient individuality, to treat patients with ethical and social considerations and to provide the best Dental treatment whilst under our care.
We are City Smile accredited.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team 0115 9457260 email@example.com
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college starting September 2022.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing please note that this requires an End Point Assessment in the final 3 months by the awarding body.
More details on this apprenticeship in the link below: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse/ Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing
Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if required.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.