Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship: Machining route Adcutech Limited
A fantastic opportunity to join a progressive engineering company & work with a highly experience team. ADCUTECH has achieved an enviable reputation for CNC machining & engineering & has become synonymous with quality & precision engineered components. You will use the latest cutting-edge machinery to manufacture bespoke precision components.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
15 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice CNC Machinist / manufacturing engineer you will learn to use the latest cutting-edge machinery to manufacture low to medium volume, bespoke, precision components.
You will learn how to program the machines using CAD/CAM software, accurately plan production methods for manufacturing, learn how to inspect complex parts using a CMM and inspection equipment.
You will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the business, learning as you work with our fantastic team.
This is suited to enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for engineering, along with the confidence, belief and determination to succeed in a company that offers variety, interest and responsibility with great engineering prospects for the future.
Manufacturing engineers are designers, as well as analytical and creative thinkers. This means you can operate on your own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines.
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Standard to Level 3. By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Produce the required volume of components within the required timescales to high quality standards, making use of CAD/CAM systems and drawings as appropriate
- Set, operate and program CNC machines producing high quality complex components with maximum efficiency
- Accurately plan the production method and create programmes to the customers specifications
- Operate the relevant inspection equipment to ensure the components are produced to the required quality standards
- Liaise with your manager and team to ensure the manufacturing processes are running at optimum efficiency
- Plan and specify tooling requirements for production, including any jigs and fixtures or special cutting tools
- To work to tight tolerances and check your own work during production runs
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection of products using a CMM and inspection equipment
- Support and advise other employees when required ensuring all operations are carried out efficiently and accurately to the customers’ requirements, drawing tolerances and specification
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for machine processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for
- Attention to detail, quality, accuracy and desire for continual improvement
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to see, seek and drive to improve
- Good time management and ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Team working – we work better when we use all the team members individual strengths and skills
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- To be tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a drive to achieve and a desire and commitment for learning. They will be well presented, enthusiastic with a flexible and friendly approach.
- Able to follow written & verbal instructions
- You must be able to interpret information quickly & be able to make effective decisions
- Self-motivated, you will work well both independently & as part of a team
- Be prepared to take on a physical job in a workshop environment
- Possess high standards, be conscientious & detail conscious
- Flexible, courteous, friendly, & positive approach
- Discretion, confidentiality, & professionalism always
Applicants should be committed to pursuing vocational qualifications in engineering and will receive support accordingly from the Company during the term of the apprenticeships. Applicants are expected to have a good standard of education at GCSE (or equivalent) levels. A flexible attitude to work and hours is essential, as well as being a good team player.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old to apply
- Candidates will have already achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including mathematics, English and a science
- Able to commute to a place of work and study - ADCUTECH (Highworth) and New College (Swindon) at North Star campus
We welcome the opportunity for our apprentice to be a long-term valued member of our team and support them as they progress. This could be in any area of the business that they feel they would like to make a career of.
Things to consider
- Able to commute to a place of work and study - ADCUTECH (Highworth) and North Star College (Swindon)
- Free parking at Adcutech
- A pension scheme
New College Swindon
- You will need to complete pre-screening paperwork and have a chat with New College to discuss any experience, interest in the apprenticeship and how it is delivered
- You will need to complete and pass a maths test to be considered
- By submitting your application, you confirm that you are happy for New College Swindon to share your information with the employer as part of the application process
About the employer
ADCUTECH Ltd has achieved an enviable reputation for CNC machining & engineering and has become synonymous with quality and precision engineered components.
By combining engineering experience with design and CNC manufacturing capabilities ADCUTECH can offer a complete service from design, prototyping through to small batch and volume production.
We value team collaboration, approachability and co-operation to achieve a high-quality service for our customers. We have a highly trained team of engineers who we value for their innovative insights and technical expertise. Our approach to problem-solving involves input and support from the whole team, meaning our customers receive the full benefit of our skills and experience.
Constantly striving for excellence and always aspiring to greater levels of accuracy and quality, we work across many industries supporting a number of leading UK companies across many industries, including aerospace, defence, automotive & medical.
Our management systems ensure rigorous and diligent manufacturing, which means clients can rely on the highest quality product, delivered on time and in full. Continued investment in equipment and software has helped satisfy increased demand from our customers – not just with capacity, but also capability.
NEW COLLEGE SWINDON
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Apprenticeships 07595 201840 Employers@newcollege.ac.uk
What is delivered?
- All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum- Level 2 Foundation competence qualification (Practical units broad based skills)
- Level 3 Development Competence qualification (Practical work- based units)
- Level 2 Foundation knowledge Technical certificate
- Level 3 Development technical knowledge qualification (Theory based units broad based knowledge)
- Apprentice without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this prior to taking EPA
To undertake the EPA the following needs to be completed:
- The employer specified Level 2 Foundation competence
- Level 2 foundation knowledge qualification and a
- Satisfactory achievement Level 3 Development knowledge qualification as applicable to the pathway requirements
- Satisfactory completion of employer specific Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- Satisfactory progress towards the employer required behaviours
- Portfolio Based Occupational Competence Interview (Viva)
- A nominated professional Institution (PEI) undertakes the independent assessment to determine if the apprentice has met the EngTech requirements as defined by the UK-SPEC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.