Early Years Apprentice Bright Beginnings Nursery Limited
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Havant are looking for a Nursery Apprentice to join their team. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
11 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Completing all Apprenticeship work as set by Showcase Training Assessor
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- To be confident
- Organised and a creative person
- GCSE or equivalent maths and English at grade 4/C or above is preferred but not essential
- If the candidate already holds a valid Childcare Level 2 qualification, the Level 3 Early Years Educator standard is available on an 18-month basis
- Once completing your Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training
Things to consider
- Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
At the nursery we strive to support children’s development so that they may grow to be strong, independent individuals based on loving and secure relationships. The children in our care are all valued as individuals and each is an important member of Bright Beginnings Nursery. We provide a family atmosphere where they can learn through play in a safe, fun and caring environment.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715 658042 email@example.com
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: maths and English (Unless exempt)
If the candidate has a recognised L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience, the L3 standard is available on an 18-month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.